Lately, I’ve been having a lot of trouble getting started writing. I sit down at my computer, get ready to write and… about six hours later actually write something, but first I have to…
1) Sleep just a little bit longer.
2) Check my e-mail.
3) Set up a new Word document.
4) Text with friends.
5) Do I need to go to do any errands? Post office maybe? Walgreens? No? Damn. Why did I even put on pants then?
6) Make coffee.
7) And breakfast.
8) What about the grocery store?
9) Text Le Novio: “What are we having for dinner?”
10) Current events. That’s important. Cool… String theory!
11) Any new HBO shows I should watch? What do you mean I’m all caught up on Girls?
12) Hello Facebook, anything exciting today?
14) Write three sentences… Good work. God, I want cake now.
15) Eat cake.
16) That was the best cake ever. I should go to the gym.
17) Get dressed for the gym.
18) Sit down to put on gym shoes.
20) Sit down in front of laptop. Watch cursor blink.
21) Maybe I need music?
22) This is a great song. Let me research this band at length.
23) Wow, I’m learning so much about science!
24) I should water my plants.
25) And read this book.
26) Any blog notifications?
27) How about writing a blog now?
28) Text friends about blog post.
29) Obsessively check blog for notifications.
30) I’m too cold to write.
31) Find blanket.
32) God, Le Novio’s couch is comfortable. Pretend to nap but actually play Candy Crush and text friends.
33) Le Novio: “I’m leaving the office. Be home in 20.”
34) Actually start writing.
Or is that just me?